Before You Begin
Ensure you have a SIM unlocked device and have activated data roaming
iPhone Roaming - Step A
From the home screen, tap 'Settings'
iPhone Roaming - Step B
Tap 'Mobile' or 'Cellular'
iPhone Roaming - Step C
Tap 'Network' then tap the toggle to enable 'Data Roaming'. Note: On certain iPhones (e.g from USA) you will see 'Cellular Data' instead of 'Mobile Data'. If you see 'EU Roaming' on the screen, toggle this to 'OFF'.
Android Roaming - Step A
The process varies depending on which Android version you are running. Use these steps as a guide. From the home screen tap 'Settings' then 'More'
Android Roaming - Step B
Tap 'Mobile Networks'
Android Roaming - Step C
Toggle the 'Data Roaming' button. Tap OK if a data warning message appears.
Continue with the CwSim setup below
Ensure you have completed the steps above before proceeding
Enter the SIM card number and the password specified on the reverse side of the card.
Complete the sign up screen the card ensuring the information matches the data on your international passport. Tap the paperclip icon and attach the photo or scan of your passport.
5.1- For recharging your balance choose 'Balance'.
5.2- Enter the desired amount and tap 'Pay Now' to use Visa, MasterCard or PayPal.
Note: The Internet package can only be purchased in the country where you're planning to use CwSim.
Insert SIM and Restart Device
After arriving at the country of your destination, insert CwSim into a mobile device and restart the device.
Restart the ComfortWay app and follow the instructions.
7.1- Wait for 1-5 minutes while the connection will register to the local mobile network.
Local Network Activation
After successful registration on the network you should see the following screen. These are the Access Point Network (APN) settings for your device which allow for internet access. In most cases these settings are automatically installed on your smartphone. However if you are having connectivity issues, you should continue to follow all the required steps described on this screen to manually create the APN settings.
Manual APN Setup
- To manually update the APN settings go to Settings>More Networks>Mobile Networks>Ensure Data Roaming and Mobile Data is turned on> Select Access Point Names. Add a 'New APN'. Use 'Ezyroam' as the APN name and '3gnet' (without quotes) for the APN and leave all other cells blank if you are in the following countries: Australia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Lao, Macao, Malaysia, Singapore or Thailand.
- For all other countries use 'Ezyroam' as the APN name and 'globaldata' (without quotes) for APN. Leave all other cells blank.
- To manually update the APN settings go to Settings>Tap Cellular/Mobile> Turn on Data Roaming and Cellular or Mobile Data > Tap Mobile Data Network or Cellular Data Network. At the 'APN' section use '3gnet' (without quotes) and leave all other cells blank if you are in the following countries: Australia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Lao, Macao, Malaysia, Singapore or Thailand.
- For all other countries use 'globaldata' (without quotes) and leave all other cells blank.
- You must restart your device each time you change the APN settings.
- If you continue to experience problems at this stage, please contact Comfortway Customer Support Service directly.
New Data Plan
Once you have used all of your data allowance or visit a new country you can purchase a new plan from the main screen.